Monday, May 6, 2013

1st Post

Hello, my name is Daniel Kibsgaard.  I am finishing school this year but rather than going straight to university, I have decided to take a gap year.  As it stands, the plan is to live and work in Germany for a few months until the new year.  Afterwards, I will travel to Costa Rica to work in a microfinance NGO for up to three months while learning Spanish.  Ultimately, I will go to Addis Ababa to work as a journalist for approximately three months as well.  The latter two will be organized through a company called Projects Abroad.  Following my time in Ethiopia, I would like to journey down to Mt. Kilimanjaro via overland route to really experience adventure to the fullest. That said, these plans, in particular Costa Rica and Ethiopia are still subject to change to whatever circumstance or interest may lead them.

Update 23/06/2014:

As the posts of my gap year have shown, I never went to Costa Rica. Instead I decided to go to Malaga, Spain to focus only on learning Spanish through a language school called Cervantes. In hindsight I feel I made the right choice because of all the great friends I made, the experiences I had and the fact that I became nearly fluent in Spanish!

No comments:

Post a Comment